In 2015, Sonangol P&P requested Maintech to conduct a survey of the inspection department and maintenance department. The survey identified that both management systems had several areas of improvement.
Having an effective inspection- and maintenance department is dependent on knowing your assets:
- Where are leaks most likely to occur
- How may leaks fail to perform the required function
- What risk level is each individual system associated with.
All of these aspects are included and accounted for in an asset integrity management system (AIMS).
From the project startup in June 2018, Maintech has been working on defining and improving how Sonangol P&P can improve their asset integrity.
The delivering of the AIM system was finalized in 2021,
accounted for in an asset integrity management system (AIMS).
Benefits of introducing a complete Asset Integrity Management System
An AIM System combines inspection and maintenance domain knowledge to ensure overall integrity.
Shifting from corrective to predictive maintenance
A successful implementation of AIMS will bring the organization from a reactive state to a more balanced state, with a maintenance strategy moving towards more preventive and condition-based maintenance. This will reduce costs and make production more reliable.
Maintech delivers a system that will help Sonangol P&P taking control over the overall integrity of block 3.
- Management system documents including strategy, procedures and work instructions
- RBI (Risk Based Inspection) programs
- RBM (Risk Based Management) programs
- Consequence classification of all assets
- Performance Standards for all safety Critical Elements